Uganda is not only Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and the mountain gorillas there, but also an endangered species of chimpanzee, or the tree lions in Ishasha, unique in their habits. Our October trip will not miss other animal species, nor the extraordinary landscapes of the Ruwenzori area.
Added value? I will be your guide! The expedition will therefore be accompanied by a FIELD GUIDE ranger certified with The Field Guides Association of Southern Africa.
For many years, this organisation has set the standards for professionalism among guides when it comes to safely while watching the African wildlife. I wouldn’t be myself if our trip didn’t have more than a comfortable lodge and the company of a qualified guide-photographer. Remember my horseback safari in Botswana? In Uganda, you will have the opportunity to taste horseback riding in the company of zebras and giraffes! Still not convinced? You can see the story of one of my recent expeditions here
MOUNTAIN GORILLAS IN UGANDA DAY 1/2 World, Entebbe
Morning arrival in Entebbe – this is the second day of our trip. Transfer to a nice boutique solution in Entebbe. In the afternoon we have the first surprise (I won’t reveal all of them in the programme) – a trip to a nearby (1,5 h) tropical bird sanctuary with a big chance to see an unusual shoebill. Don’t miss the sundowner – who has been there knows – who has not – will not regret it! Return to the hotel, dinner on your own (the only one during your stay) and overnight. Food included: sundowner
MOUNTAIN GORILLAS IN UGANDA DAY 3 Entebbe, Kibale Forest
After breakfast we set off westwards. The route is long but passes through scenic areas of Uganda. It also gives a sneak peek into the lives of the local people. We pass through the tourist capital of Uganda – Fort Portal – here we will have lunch and afterwards reach Kibale Forest National Park. Free time, dinner and overnight at a lodge. Food included: breakfast, lunch and dinner
MOUNTAIN GORILLAS IN UGANDA DAY 4 Kibale Forest, Queen Elizabeth National Park
After an early breakfast, we’ll meet the park rangers – safety is everything. After a short breefing we will head into the rainforest to look for chimpanzees. Some ‘operators’ call this adventure ‘tracking’ – take our word for it – tracking chimpanzees in the rainforest is a particularly difficult art. So in Kibale we rely on the local knowledge and luck of the guide. Back to Kibale for lunch and, for those wishing, an afternoon excursion to the Bigodi Wetlands. Many endemic marsh birds can be spotted in this wetland. The site is also the main source of livelihood for the local community, which depends 100% on tourism and handicrafts – well worth supporting them. Later that day we will set off towards Queen Elizabeth National Park. This is the second largest protected area in Uganda. Dinner and overnight at a lodge. Food included: breakfast, lunch and dinner
MOUNTAIN GORILLAS IN UGANDA DAY 5 Queen Elizabeth National Park, Kazinga Channel
Early in the morning, after breakfast, an outing for a game drive in the park. This day we will venture into the Kasenyi plains, which are famous for their large numbers of lions, hyenas, elephants and buffalo. High probability of tracking (here it is possible:)) – leopard. Lunch at the lodge (picnic lunch if you plan a day trip). In the afternoon, private boat on the famous Kazinga channel. A boat safari provides a different kind of excitement – especially when combined with a sundowner:). Photographers will be delighted by the multitude of photo sets and … the boat – compared to the safari car – an extremely stable means of transport. Drive to the south of the park towards Ishasha. Arrival at the lodge for dinner and overnight. Food included: breakfast, lunch and dinner
MOUNTAIN GORILLAS IN UGANDA DAY 6 Queen Elizabeth National Park, Ishasha, Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
Breakfast. It is in Ishasha that the lions climb the trees, and although it is not the only place in Africa – looking out for animals in the treetops is invariably accompanied by excitement. Of course, we won’t miss the opportunity to photograph other animals. After lunch, the journey continues to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park. Arrival in the late afternoon at the lodge for dinner and overnight. Food included: breakfast, lunch and dinner
MOUNTAIN GORILLAS IN UGANDA DAY 7 Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Gorilla tracking
We will start the day with breakfast, followed by a transfer to the park gates and trekking to the mountain gorillas. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Bwindi National Park is one of only four places where these mammals can be found in the world. Mountain gorillas are not everything! In addition to them, there are almost 120 species of animals, nearly 350 species of birds, 202 species of butterflies, 27 species of frogs, chameleons, geckos, many endangered species of reptiles and amphibians. Please note that the duration and difficulty of the trek will depend on the location of the gorilla family, which will be assigned to us by the park rangers. Return to the lodge, overnight (unless the trek is shorter than last time – 8h – then we will still hook up with the village of the small people – Batwa tribe). Food included: breakfast, lunch (picnic lunch), dinner
MOUNTAIN GORILLAS IN UGANDA DAY 8 Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Lake Mburo
After an early breakfast, transfer towards Lake Mburo. A long but scenic route. We hope to reach the lodge in the early afternoon for lunch and … a horse safari! Those who have not had the opportunity to taste this extraordinary adventure should not hesitate! Even those whose horse riding skills are limited can benefit. After this exciting event, a swim overlooking the surrounding hills, a sundowner and dinner. Food included: breakfast, lunch, dinner
MOUNTAIN GORILLAS IN UGANDA DAY 9 Lake Mburo, Entebbe and flight back home
Breakfast, last drive (if time allows). Check out and transfer to Entebbe. Food included: breakfast, lunch
MOUNTAIN GORILLAS IN UGANDA DAY 10 World
Arrival at the chosen airport at midday. End of Milesaway services until your next trip!
Programme cost per person : 3257USD. (special offer: 2770USD/pax, till 15th of august 2023)
1. All ground transfers during your stay in Uganda
2. Accommodation in double rooms in a boutique hotel in Entebbe – 1 night, in a lodge in Kibale Forest – 1 night, in a lodge or camp near Queen Elizabeth National Park – 2 nights, in a high-end lodge in the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest – 2 nights, in a high-end lodge near Lake Mburo – 1 night
3. Food as described in the programme
4. Entrance tickets to the national parks visited
5. Horseback safari around Lake Mburo (duration up to 4 hours depending on the ability and skills of the expedition members)
6. The services of a local guide/driver
7. Satellite phone (emergency)
8. Basic insurance, Medical expenses 30 000 EUR, accident insurance ??, luggage ?? (Signal Iduna)
9 Evacuation insurance flying doctors
10. Tourist guarantee and assistance fund
11. Care of a English, German, Spanish-speaking certified (FGASA) guide – photographer
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
1. Airfare costs – participants can use the office to purchase these.
2. Gorilla permit (one permit per person to trek to gorillas on a designated day and region – price US$700/permit)
3. Chimpanzee permit (one permit per person to trek to chimpanzees) in Kibale Forest – USD 150, if trekking in Kyambura Gorge – USD 50
4. Gratuities (at your discretion), if any. Local rules: USD 20 – 30 per group for driver/guide per day, USD 5 – 10 per person for porter during gorilla trekking, USD 10 – 20 per person for guide during gorilla trekking, USD 5 – 10 per person per day for all lodge crew. Preferably equivalent in Ugandan shillings).
5. The cost of a visa to Uganda. The participant can apply for this on their own. Cost: US$51.50 – passport valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date of intended departure from Uganda. Please note that this is as at the date of the offer. Cost of our visa brokerage – 130 PLN/person.
6. Personal expenses
7. Additional accommodation not included in the offer.
8. Refreshments and meals, when not included in the offer
9. Possible increase in taxes, park fees and trekking permits from the date of publication of the offer.
Prices and programme are subject to modification due to availability of services, exchange rate differences or changes in tariffs and taxes. The price includes Polandevents’ fee. Upon confirmation of the booking, the General Terms and Conditions of Participation attached to the offer apply. It is also possible to conclude a travel cancellation insurance contract in our office